Second Decade + 2

Second Decade + 2
oil pastel 32x52"

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Nothing much to say after the disastrous early February 2 point landing that kept me out of commission for the rest of that month. On April 7, the other shoe dropped. Standing at the stove in front of a newly prepared pan of succotash I reached for a serving spoon and felt/heard something snap in that right knee. Definitely NOT good. After 30 minutes of ice limited the swelling to something the size of a lemon I determined the reinjury could wait until the morning. ER revealed no bone breaks but said torn meniscus and stated that "some sort of intervention would undoubtedly be necessary". I casually remarked that he must have noticed the arthritis in my knee and he muttered "Yep, that's there too." Ya gotta just love understatement. Upshot after 5 weeks of ice, narcotics and rest is a scheduled double knee replacement June 8. Well color me bionic once again!  Are we having fun yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment