Second Decade + 2

Second Decade + 2
oil pastel 32x52"

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

new computer, big learning curve.....

Four weeks, count 'em, 4 weeks after the triple lightening strike in my yard that fried my elderly computer I finally have a new computer and am ready to resume some sort of regular living. For more than 6 years I have been using a borrowed PC of one sort or another. Decided when the last machine bit the dust in the big storm that the Universe was essentially telling me that my grace period avoiding buying a computer had finally expired. Buying a new computer that would serve any and all of my needs for at least 5 years wasn't exactly a walk in the park once I learned just how expensive refurbished Mac laptops were. heaven bless my brother Tom for his patience helping me search through the astonishing number of used Macbooks online. Friends CJ and Geoff told me what sort of specs to look for and that was amazingly helpful. As always the devil is in the details and there are lots and lots of details. But after investing hours and hours of reading the fine print and checking the reliability of various vendor sources I finally narrowed the list to about half a dozen and once again asked advice regarding which of those was going to work best for me. Et voila..... here we are with an elegant 15" MacBook pro that looks brand new and ought to be in the MOMA design collection Now I know why people are so in love with the late Steve Jobs. Sheer genius for easy function. now if I can just learn not to be afraid of the thing and figure out how to really take advantage of all this new technology at my fingertips. think I'll take a Mac class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment