Second Decade + 2

Second Decade + 2
oil pastel 32x52"

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

dilemma

I find myself at a crossroad. This is normally the time of year when I feel most creative and am in fact most productive. Real life is pulling me in assorted directions. This is fact not a real complaint. What is perplexing is my desire to work in the studio and concentrate on larger pieces rather than the small water color things I have been doing. My work needs to be framed and frames cost money. I currently have a backlog of maybe 2 dozen unframed larger pieces. What justifies the expense of creating more work in a climate of such poor sales? Smaller work is easier to keep track of in a portfolio but it certainly sells no faster than larger pieces. Might as well make what I want to satisfy myself until I either run out of materials or make some sales to replenish supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment