Second Decade + 2

Second Decade + 2
oil pastel 32x52"

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I need a wife or a secretary or an assistant or a keeper!

In preparing for my upcoming art exhibition I have spent the past 4 weeks doing absolutely necessary clerical and secretarial work. The tedium of it all has certainly been dreadful but something surprising happened along the way.... I fell into a rhythm on occasion that was somehow oddly satisfying. No intellect required, just repetition after repetition after repetition. Today I went though every digital image converted from a slide and selceted 60 works for inclusion on the museum's iPODs. I'm sure the curator wll say that is too many but how am I suposed to include representative samples of my work in chronological progression.... If they will burn these selections on a CD I'll be able to use them when I give talks in the future, including while the show is up. The problem is that this meticulous work which requires almost no brainpower is absolutely exhausting. My house is a mess; my kitchen is a disaster waiting to happen; the bedroom needs a makeover; the whole place needs some serious vaccuuming.and I haven't the energy for any of it!!! I'm waiting for sheets to dry so I can change the bed and that will likely be a 3 stage event!! The show opens 10/29 and a good friend arrives from Dublin that night for a 10 day stay. As excited as I am about this visit I am hoping I can get this place into decent shape over the next 2 weeks!!! I need an extra body!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment