Second Decade + 2

Second Decade + 2
oil pastel 32x52"

Sunday, January 30, 2011

good day sunshine

This morning I heard birds singing for the first time in months. Lovely sound so much of a surprise I was unaware how much I had missed it. Guess they too were thrilled for sun and a temporary absence of snow. My holly trees and wild honeysuckle bushes had unusually heavy crops of berries this year  -  how does Mother Nature make those correct forecasts about upcoming cold winters? One has to respect the signs and signals....

The other day I agreed to become the regional Artist Facilitator for an Indiana organization dealing with meeting the various needs of creative artists with all sorts of disabilities and limiting conditions. Centered in Indianapolis this is a fairly well established entity funded in part by the Indiana Arts Council but they are expanding throughout the state and want to develop ties across the river with Louisville people as well. This small new local group has been holding monthly programs at the Carnegie and I have attended most of them  -  mainly to support artist friends who have been \featured presenters. Not at all certain what I'll be doing in this new position nor am I sure of how much time will be required. But I feel certain that with several people I respect strongly encouraging me to do this that I need to pay attention to opportunities the Universe is sending in my direction. I feel I am on the precipice of a major change.

No comments:

Post a Comment