Second Decade + 2

Second Decade + 2
oil pastel 32x52"

Friday, January 7, 2011

so much work to store.....

Now my living room and front hall look like a frameshop readying a big framing order. It's interesting to bring home so many pieces from a show, especially when half of what has been returned is brand new work previously easily stored unframed in the studio. Not only is bulk storage a problem but safely protecting both the work and the new frames is always a bit of a challenge. I know I need to figure al this out, but for now I first have to get someone over here to help me rehang art that belongs on my own walls and then exchange older work for new pieces to live with and try to evaluate for a while. I used to be able to do all these things for myself on my own in my own time but since the addition of bionic shoulders I have to think and plan ahead before asking someone (usually a brother) to come here and assist me. This probably falls into the category of all things change to one extent or another as we age but that doesn't mean I have to like it!! For now I will figure out which new pieces I'd like to hang on my walls and where to store older work I'm taking down after many months (years ) of enjoyment. My mother called yesterday to tell me she is glad to have "Broad Shoulders Heavy Load" back in her living room so that was nice to hear. One never knows just how mucy anybody ever notices art on their walls after the first month or so..... Of course the bottom line is still trying to find galleries and other exhibition venues for the work so it can go about its primary business of finding permanent homes and earning me a decent living!! In time. All in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment